!!insidediv!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/24/2022 11:25 pm  #1

CY--THIS IS WHAT I DID THAT WAS WRONG

In the "Edit CSS" section . . .

At the very top of the CSS, it says this . . .

/**************************************************/
/* 1. BACKGROUND AND TEXT COLORS */
/*************************************************/

Width: 200px;

Cy, all I did was change the "200px" to "100px" and then saved it.

When I did that, your background picture of the mountain disappeared.

I changed it back to "200px" and saved it again.

But it didn't fix it.

I'm VERY sorry.  Do you know how we can fix it?

I promise I'll stay out of that section from now on!

EDIT--At the top of that CSS section, it has a place where you can click "Reset to default."  But I was afraid to do that because we would lose anything that you had changed before. 

Last edited by Muna (8/24/2022 11:29 pm)

8/24/2022 11:57 pm  #2

Re: CY--THIS IS WHAT I DID THAT WAS WRONG

I FIXED IT!!!!!!

I fixed it by re-saving that "Forum Appearance" setting page where you put the link to the mountain picture.

Apparently, you'll need to do that after every time you change anything in the CSS code.

Yes, YOU'LL need to do it, because I've learned my lesson and will stay out of that CSS section!

Last edited by Muna (8/25/2022 12:04 am)

8/25/2022 4:06 am  #3

I was going to say....this is what I discovered as well through experimentation. You did nothing wrong. It's all good. We can't learn unless we play around with it....I've screwed it up several times already! If things get too bad, we can always reset it to default which would just mean re-installing the colors etc....I've got a screen shot of the settings in case that happens...No worries.

8/25/2022 4:20 am  #4

I've got everything saved so don't worry about screwing anything up.....keep trying. Then if the board settings get messed up, we'll just reset it to default and I'll re enter all the color codes and everything..You can't screw it up because I've got it all saved.

8/25/2022 4:59 am  #5

Ok, I think I get how to do this now....When the board goes to white, that's because that's how the advanced settings codes are set....When you go back to the easy edit form it doesn't keep the advanced settings....So, it looks like, to change the board, we'll have to go into the advanced codes and line by line insert everything...All the colors, back ground image etc....THEN we can adjust the padding settings....Alrighty then! We've got this figured out!

8/25/2022 5:10 am  #6

Yeah, I see exactly how to do this...It's just going to take alot of time and experimentation to do it manually.....You basically have to go into the advanced CSS settings and change each thing manually...basically redesign the whole page line by line....Then you hit save, and that saves the changes. If you just want to go back to how it is now, you go to the easy edit side and hit save there. That doesn't erase the changes made in the advanced CSS edit side.....

In this way, we can slowly design the board we want, without having to worry about not getting back to how it is now....

8/25/2022 5:21 am  #7

I wish I had saved all the custom yuku css codes. I could use those here. I have a hunch that we can design this board anyway we want. This could be great!

8/25/2022 5:30 am  #8

I just discovered why CSS is so confusing to learn.....Nobody seems to know how to teach stuff....All these little jerks out there who've figured it out, think they seem smarter if they don't explain what they're doing. I have a feeling that if investigate a little bit, I'm going to find out that there's an application to where you can just intuitively design a page, maybe through drag and drop etc...and then that automatically converts it to CSS code....

I think this is how the little nerd geeks are doing it, just that nobody explains this is what they are doing because they want to appear to be smart little geeks....Bad teachers trying to make everyone else seem stupid just because they want to keep secrets so they purposely don't teach well to appear to have secret knowledge that others can't understand really angers a yoda....This is really easy stuff, if we had decent teachers....Augggggh....

Last edited by Cydoniaquest (8/25/2022 5:34 am)

8/25/2022 10:04 am  #9

Cy, you are an amazing-type person!  It's incredible how you can figure this stuff out!

Those CSS nerds you are describing sound EXACTLY like the nerds who created AutoIt, a simple, high-level code I use on my computer.  When you go to their site to learn how to do something in that code, the examples they give are ridiculously and unnecessarily complicated.  If you were to ask them about how to play baseball, they'd first tell you how to plant a tree from which you can create a bat.  It's insane.

Anyway, thanks for what you said.  I guess I panicked when everything went white and I couldn't get it back like it was.  Thankfully, I stumbled upon that bit about re-saving that "simple" page.

That screen-save idea is a good one--that way, you'll know exactly how things were before you tried something.  I'm going to try to remember to do that, too.

Thanks again!

Board footera